Volclay® Sodium Bentonites Lignites/L.C.M.
- Volclay API Gel NT is a 200 mesh, sodium bentonite that is used in fresh water drilling. Complies with American Petroleum Institute drilling fluid specification 13A, section 10, for non-treated bentonite.
- Volclay Premium Gel is a 200 mesh, 90 bbl. yield sodium bentonite for use in freshwater drilling. Complies with American Petroleum Institute drilling fluid specifications 13A, section 9 for bentonite.
- Volclay CGB 211 is a high-yield, 200 mesh sodium bentonite for use in freshwater drilling. CGB 211’s unique blend of smectite minerals delivers improved rheological properties over traditional premium grade bentonites.
- Volclay Super Gel is a 200 mesh, high viscosity 180 bbl. yield sodium bentonite for use in freshwater drilling fluids. Super Gel is a select polymer-extended Wyoming bentonite product designed to produce a high yield in low solid mud systems.
- Volclay Coarse Chips are natural sodium bentonite screened ¼” to 3/8” to 3/8” to ¾” in size.
- Volclay CS Granular is a double screened granular sodium bentonite with an average particle size ranging between 30 and 50 mesh.
- Super-Lig® is North Dakota lignite that naturally contains high quantities of humic acid. Super-Lig is an economical thinning agent for use in all freshwater mud systems. Super-Lig is highly soluble, heat stable at all drilling depths and is effective in both high and low pH mud systems.
- Super Treat® is a caustized, North Dakota lignite. Super Treat is an effective mud thinning agent in high temperature, high pressure deep well drilling. Super Treat controls rheology, fluid loss, emulsifies oil and reduces flocculation. Super treat is processed to be used effectively in both low and high pH mud systems.
- Potassium Lignite has the same lignite base as Super Treat, but also contains a potassium hydroxide additive to control stabilization of water-sensitive shale formations in high temperature, deep zone drilling operations. It is compatible with other mud system additives, and is not adversely affected by contaminants in a mud system.
- Cellflo® is a ground cellulosic product made from select kiln-dried hard-wood. This product can be used to reduce lost circulation and effectively improves the performance of coarser lost circulation materials.
GelQuest™ Oil-Based Drilling Muds
- GelQuest 100 is an organophilic clay developed for use with low toxicity oil and diesel based drilling muds as a viscosifier and anti-settling additive.
- GelQuest 200 is an easy dispersion formulation of organophilic clay developed for use with low toxicity oil and diesel based drilling muds as a viscosifier and anti-settling additive.
- GelQuest 300 has been recently developed to produce high yielding drilling muds in temperatures of 300°F and above. GelQuest 300 is used to increase the yield point and gel strength of an oil mud system and is effective in improving the carrying capacity of low weight oil muds.