- Additrol is a custom additive blend of western and/or southern bentonites and organic additives to meet the needs of both ferrous and nonferrous casting producers.
Volclay is a high-quality natural sodium bentonite recognized around the world as the metalcasting standard, is used exclusively for iron and steel casting production in green sand molding and for nonferrous production where extra duty is required.
- Panther Creek is a high-quality natural (calcium) bentonite, is used for green sand molding.
- Carsil SS is a high performance ferro-alloy based product designed to enhance silicon and carbon recoveries in cupola melting operations. Individual products are application specific.
- Hevi-Sand (chromite sand) prevents metal penetration and can be used with most foundry binders in molds and cores. Click here to go to the Hevi-Sand web
Silicon Carbide Briquettes
- Silicon Carbide Briquettes are produced for use in cupola melted gray and ductile base iron for the purpose of introducing silicon and carbon to the iron. The advantage silicon carbide holds over ferrosilicon products is the addition of a carbon component which may provide carbon units to the iron and/or reduce cupola coke requirements. The reduction in coke may in turn lead to increased melt rate.
- Cellflo (cellulose) improves flowability and shakeout of sand mixtures and reduces temper sensitivity.
- Flo-Carb is a clean-burning carbonaceous material with low emissions and low smoke evolution.
- LOVOX-110B is a uniquely formulated resin designed to react with specific polyisocyanate coreactants and amine catalysts. This distinct chemistry provides for similar binder performance characteristics as phenolic urethane systems without the negative qualities of phenol, formaldehyde, and aromatic solvents. The result is a core and mold binder system that offers comparable latent reactivity characteristics to that of conventional phenolic urethanes but with significantly reduced odor and hazardous emissions.
- LOVOX-201 is a specifically formulated isocyanate resin designed to react with Lovox® Part 1 resins and amine catalysts. This distinct chemistry provides for similar binder performance characteristics as phenolic urethane systems without the negative attributes of phenol, formaldehyde, and aromatic solvents. The result is a core and mold binder system that offers comparable latent reactivity characteristics to that of conventional phenolic urethanes but with significantly reduced odor and hazardous emissions.
Reeli-Klean® and Maxiflux™
- Reeli-Klean is a high-performance melt treatment for aluminum, copper, zinc and other nonferrous alloys. Reeli-Klean products for aluminum intended for multiple purpose applications include melt cleansing, well, bath and transfer dross processing, and wall ladle, and well cleaning are listed below. All are free flowing powders that can be applied to the melt by a variety of manual and mechanized methods.
- Maxiflux is a high performance melt treatment. Maxiflux purifying, cleaning and degassing tablets are intended for use with non-modified or sodium (Na) modified aluminum-silicon alloys, and are suitable for reduction of oxides and gas in transfer ladles. This product can also be applied in furnaces commonly used for melting aluminum.
- MAXIFLUX CU-704
- Ferro-Alloy Brick and Briquettes are available as standard Ferrosilicon (40%, 45%, 5-% grades), Ferromanganese (66%), and Silicon Carbide (36%, 65% grades). Variations on these standard grades may be produced by request. Carsil products are custom formulated blends designed to meet specific operational needs.
GFN-1 and Fluxes
- GFN-1 Flux are specialty ladle fluxes used for slag and inclusion control in gray and ductile needs.
SCF-1 Cupola Flux
- SCF-1 Cupola Flux is a specially formulated cleansing agent recommended for use in cupola melting operations. It is designed to be added during cupola start-up and cupola melt-out where increased fluidity is needed in the slag to remove the ash generated from the coke. During normal daily operation where cleansing of the coke bed is desired, SCF-1 can be used in addition to the regular limestone charge to assist in slag fluidity.